The mission of the Boulder City Code Enforcement Program is to promote and maintain a safe and desirable living and working environment. Through the efforts of the Code Enforcement Officer, the City is able to help maintain and improve the quality of our community by administering a fair and unbiased enforcement program to correct violations of municipal codes and land use requirements. Additionally, the code enforcement program works with residents, neighborhood associations, public services agencies and other city departments to:
◦ Facilitate voluntary compliance with city laws and codes
◦ Empower community self-help programs
◦ Develop public outreach programs
◦ Establish community priorities for enforcement programs
The program operates under the general premise that most violators do not know they are in violation of the law. Zoning laws and other community codes can be complex and a mystery to most citizens. Code Enforcement is principally an education campaign. We have found that most property owners want to comply voluntarily and are happy to do so once the law is explained to them.
◦ Work with local neighborhood associations to resolve local issues. Often a polite knock on the door and discussion can resolve many problems.
◦ Coordinate local neighborhood clean-up efforts. Many homeowners in the community would like to be compliant, but do not have either the physical ability or financial wherewithal to clean their properties. Assisting your neighbors in their time of great need can lead to new friendships and improved property values.
◦ Report a code violation. When reporting a possible violation, please provide specific and detailed information, including exact location or address and a complete description of the violation. All information provided is kept confidential. You may report a code violation using one of the following methods:
1) Send an email to email@example.com
2) Leave a message on the hotline 24 hours a day at 702-293-9597
3) Fill out a Code Enforcement Complaint Form (PDF). Forms may be brought into the office or mailed to the following address:
City of Boulder City
Attn: Code Enforcement Officer
1005 Arizona Street
Boulder City, NV 89005
**Please note that due to very limited resources for the part-time Code Enforcement Officer, it can take up to 1-2 weeks to respond to complaints**