Boulder City Fire Department responded to a garage fire on Esther Drive just after 10:00 this morning. Once on the scene, they found the garage of the home on fire, fully engulfed in flames.
One person was taken to the hospital with minor smoke inhalation as a precaution. One person inside the house was able to escape uninjured. Pets inside the home were also able to escape uninjured. While the garage was completely destroyed, the attached home suffered smoke and water damage.
“My heart go out to the resident, as the holiday season is an especially tough time to deal with a serious fire like this,” said City Manager Al Noyola. “Our firefighters immediately took action to ensure the public’s safety. Their fast action kept the fire from spreading throughout the attached home.”
Henderson Fire Department provided mutual aid on the call. Investigators believe a faulty lithium battery charger inside the garage sparked the fire.