COVID-19 Small Business Recovery Grants - Round 2
The City of Boulder City understands the challenges that many small businesses currently face. As an integral part of our community we want to support small businesses financially impacted by closures or restrictions related to COVID-19.
For businesses located within Boulder City with a current business license, we have developed a business support grant using federal CARES Act Relief Funds. For Round II, a total of $50,000 will be available to provide operational support to small businesses impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The City will be prioritizing businesses most affected by the pandemic. Businesses that have not received federal assistance will be prioritized over those businesses that have received federal assistance through the Payroll Protection Program, EIDL or other assistance programs.
Grant Award: $5,000 (total of 10 grants will be awarded, as City Council approved $50,000)
Eligible Grant Uses:
- Working capital (rent, utilities, inventory, payroll, license fees, etc.)
- COVID-19 supplies, cleaning and sanitation and expenses related to retrofitting to comply with health guidelines.
Guidelines and Requirements:
- Must have a physical location in Boulder City.
- Must have active Boulder City business license.
- Must have 20 or fewer full-time equivalent (FTE) as of March 15, 2020.
- Must have been in business in Boulder City on or before December 31, 2019.
- Must demonstrate financial hardship. Summary of business operations prior to COVID-19 and current financial situation. This must show that there has been a financial hardship, through a monthly 2020 Profit & Loss Statement (P&L) Statement and a P&L comparison to 2019 at the same time period.
- Businesses that have not received federal assistance will be prioritized, but business will not be disqualified if that business has received federal assistance through the Payroll Protection Program, previous City of Boulder City Grant or any other assistance program.
- Businesses that are not located within Boulder City
- Business without a City of Boulder City Business License
- Business started (new or purchased existing business) after December 31, 2019
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Massage Parlors
- Liquor Stores
The Boulder City Small Business Recovery Grant program will be administered through the National Development Council (NDC).
Grant application will be accepted from May 4th (midnight) – May 31st, 2021 (midnight). The City will not accept applications after the application window closes. NDC will review applications and contact eligible applicants. All applications will be screened for eligibility based on the listed requirements and completeness of the application. All application information will be verified by City staff. Awarded businesses will be required to sign an agreement certifying COVID-related economic distress.
For questions, please contact Raffi Festekjian (Economic Development Coordinator) at 702-293-9393 between the hours of 7am and 6pm Monday-Thursday.