BOULDER CITY - William Charles, Inc. dba American Civil Constructors (ACC) is scheduled to begin milling the existing pavement from Veterans Memorial Drive to Buchanan Boulevard this week. The center lanes and median areas will be complete before Memorial Day weekend and the outer lanes after the holiday weekend. The schedule is as follows:
CENTER LANES AND MEDIAN AREAS
- Monday May 18 and Tuesday May 19 – Mill the center lanes and median areas during the day from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. each day
- Tuesday May 19 and Wednesday May 20 – Pave the center lanes and median areas at night from 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Tuesday May 26 and Wednesday May 27 – Mill the outer lanes during the day from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday May 27 and Thursday May 28 – Pave the outer lanes at night from 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Sunday May 31 – Complete remaining paving at night from 7:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
The milling operation is being performed during the day and will unfortunately be very loud. Once the milling operation is far enough along the paving operation will begin in the evenings. The paving operation will be performed at night when there is less traffic. Unfortunately, the paving operation will also be very loud. By performing the paving at night, with less traffic, the work will be able to be completed more quickly and provide for a better final product.