The following is a checklist that will need to be followed if a driveway apron is going to be built or reconstructed in the public right-of-way.
The first step is to review this page.
- If you have any questions, feel free to call the Public Works Department, Engineering Division at 702-293-9200.
Right-of-Way (ROW) Permit Application
You will then fill out an application in the permitting portal with the following requirements:
- The contractor must have a valid Class A License from the Nevada State Contractors Board
- The contractor must have a valid Boulder City Business License.
- All subcontractors must be listed on the application.
- The application must be filled out in its entirety.
- Include any extra documentation such as the following:
- Traffic Control Plan Application (if applicable)
- Proof of Liability Insurance
- Map or Drawings showing the property location and driveway with dimensions
- All driveways must follow the Clark County, Uniform Standard Drawings latest revision.
The Public Works Department, Engineering Division will review the permit application.
- The Public Works Department may call requesting more information if questions arise.
- Once Public Works has approved your application, you will get a call to come and pick it up.
- Call 48 hours before digging
- Pay for the permit fee
- Once construction has started:
- Permit must remain on site and each contractor must have a copy of the permit
- Inspection requests must be scheduled 24 hours in advance
- No work will be performed in the public right-of-way on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- The following is a list of required inspections:
- Subgrade inspection for depth and compaction, saw cut at toe of curb
- Type II inspection for depth and compaction
- Verify that removals have been completed to existing joints
- Verification that existing asphalt has not been damaged (if damaged contractor must remove 48 inches of asphalt in front of the full length of new apron)
- Verify 48 inches min wings, proper distance from property line
- Curb and gutter expansion paper, sidewalk expansion paper, back of sidewalk expansion paper if new concrete is placed against existing concrete
- Prepour, verify Type V 4500 pounds per square inch mix design, moisture in soil, proper control joint plan, verify type and quantity of curing compound
- Post, pour, get copy of concrete ticket, verify built per standard
- Progress inspections are required throughout the project
- Once the work is completed, call for a final inspection.
- Inspection request must be scheduled 24 hours in advance
Public Works Director
Public Works401 California Avenue
Boulder City, NV 89005Phone: 702-293-9200
The Public Works Department is transitioning from manual bidding with document distribution to electronic bidding using a new regional supplier registration and bidding platform, the Nevada Gov eMarketplace. During this transition, please check both systems for bid opportunities. There is no charge for using either service. During the transition period, some new solicitations may still be posted to
oldsystem. Historical award data originally posted to the old system will remain available there for a limited period of time. Please visit the new bidding system at https://www.ngemnv.com/