First-time applicants, people with passport more than 5 year expired, and passports that were issued for 5 years.
How to Apply
- Proof of US Citizenship
- Passport Photo
Routine: 8 to 11 weeks*
Expedited: Costs an extra $60. Takes 5 to 7 weeks. *
*Processing times begin the day the Department of State receives your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply.
- Form DS-11
2. Proof of US citizenship
U.S Birth Certificates
Birth certificates must have the following:
- Issued by the city, county, or state of birth
- Lists your full name, date of birth, and place of birth
- Lists your parent(s)' full names
- Has the date filed with registrar's office (must be within one year of birth)
- Has the registrar's signature
- Has the seal of the issuing authority
Passport should not be damaged
- Valid Passport book or Card
- Expired Passport book or card
Born outside or the U.S.
- Certificate of Birth Abroad
- Certificate of Naturalization
If minor is applying for U.S. passport through parents’ naturalization certificate ALL of the following should be submitted to verify U.S citizenship:
- Evidence of the parent’s U.S citizenship
- Applicant’s foreign birth certificate listing parents’ names, with an official/professional translation if in a language other than English.
- Parents’ marriage certificate, with official translation if in a language other than English
- Notarized affidavit from the U.S citizen parents showing the parent’s periods of residence and physical presence in the United States from the time of the parent’s birth until the time of the applicant’s birth.
Minors aged 16 and 17 may submit their own identification
- Valid driver’s license
- Military Identification Card
- Passport book or passport card
4. Passport Photos
Passport photos can be purchased at our offices for $10.00
- Submit a color photo, taken in last 6 months
- Use a clear image of your face. Do not use filters commonly used on social media.
- Have someone else take your photo. No selfies.
- Take off your eyeglasses for your photo.
- Use a plain white or off-white background
Application Acceptance Fees- City of Boulder City
Pay acceptance fee in person at the City of Boulder City. You may pay by check, money order, cash or card.
- $35.00 – City of Boulder City acceptance Fee
- $10.00 – City of Boulder City photo fee (if needed)
State Department Payment Methods
Note: You may not pay State Department fees with credit or debit cards. You may pay with:
- Personal, certified, cashier' check, payable to "U.S. Department of State."
- Money order payable to "U.S. Department of State."
16 and older
Application Processing Fees – Department of State
State Department payment is sent with your application package. State Department fees are paid separately from City of Boulder City fees.
- Passport Book- $110.00 (Valid for all international travel by air, land, and sea)
- Passport Card-$30.00 (Valid only for return to the U.S. by land or sea from Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, and the Caribbean)
- Passport Book & Card- $140.00
Expedited Passport Book and Cards
- $60.00- 5 to 7 weeks. Processing times begin the day we receive your application at a passport agency or center, not the day you mail your application or apply.
- $17.56- 1-2 Day Delivery from the State Department (optional for books only)
City Clerk's Office
401 California Avenue
Boulder City, NV 89005
Monday through Thursday
7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
8 a.m. to 3 p.m.