The Air Conditioner Rebate Program is available to all Boulder City residential electric customers with existing central air conditioning and heat pump systems.
The following eligibility requirements apply:
- To be eligible for a rebate, the system must be a new central installation that replaces an existing central air conditioner, heat pump, Gas Pack heating and cooling units in an existing home in the Boulder City electric service territory.
- Replacement is defined as the replacement of the electric-driven cooling system (i.e., condenser, blower, coils, etc.) or cooling or heating system in the case of heat pumps.
- The program only applies to central air conditioning, heat pump, and ductless split systems.
- Window or single-room air conditioner units are ineligible to receive incentives.
- Air conditioner units require installation by a contractor. Installed HVAC units must be a minimum Seasonal Energy Efficiency Ratio (SEER) rating of 16 and must be replacing a unit with a SEER of less than 15.
- Rebates for Central Air Conditioner replacement in the amount of $400 for 16 SEER, $900 for 18 SEER and $1,600 for 20 SEER and above.
- Rebates for Air Source Heat Pump replacement in the amount of $600 for 16 SEER/9 HSPF, $1,200 for 18 SEER/10 HSPF, and $2,400 for 20 SEER/11 HSPF and above.
- Rebates for Ductless Heat Pump replacement in the amount of $1,600 16 SEER/9 HSPF and above.
- For Boulder City customers that are part of the Boulder City Energy Assistance Program the rebate amounts are as follows:
- Rebates for Central Air Conditioner replacement in the amount of $1,700 for 16 SEER, $2,600 for 18 SEER and $3,600 for 20 SEER and above.
- Rebates for Air Source Heat Pump replacement in the amount of $2,00 for 16 SEER/9 HSPF, $3,000 for 18 SEER/10 HSPF, and $4,000 for 20 SEER/11 HSPF and above.
- Rebates for Ductless Heat Pump replacement in the amount of $3,200 16 SEER/9 HSPF and above.
- A completed rebate application form (PDF) must be submitted within 90 days of the installation date.
- A dated contractor invoice will be required as proof of installation date.
- Residential purchasers of qualifying equipment may be subject to an on-site inspection by a Boulder City representative to verify equipment is properly installed and operational.
- A completed building permit that has been finalized is required.
- Rebate amounts are per unit.
Air conditioner energy efficiency ratings are changing. Up until the 31st of December 2022, we were using the SEER rating to determine the energy efficiency of air conditioners. From the 1st of January 2023 onward, the SEER rating will be replaced by the SEER2 rating. If you are installing an air conditioner that has the new SEER2 rating we will honor it by using the conversion table below.
|SEER2 Rating||SEER Rating|